Saturday, March 7, 2009

BREAD

Two posts in 24 hours. miracle. As expected, my mother automatically said "Israel is toooo dangerous" so that will take some convincing. And already had another self realization today. I am so lucky I stayed in Nashville tonight. I could have easily went home, and even thought about retracting my studio plans to go home earlier. I am also so lucky the 1st of my 2 sessions tonight got cancelled. If not for that session being cancelled AND me deciding to stay in Nashville for the night just for one 4 hour session, my spring break would have started on a very different note.
I did not think much of it at first, but tonight was monumental for me. It started out with a simple plea to join in on some friends dinner plans since everyone else was gone. (It is very easy to see how quickly my social life deflates once Brooke leaves) It ended up with the 3 of us sharing just the right amount of bread on top of Lover's Circle (it was also my first time up there. Pretty magnificent, a must see in Nashville). Now the time was certainly good. Two of my fellow friends (who I probably hang out with less than I should) and I just chilled after dinner. It wasn't planned. It wasn't forced. But it was cool. My second self realization of the day came to me on the top of that mountain. I, and others close to me, have known for a long time that I usually work too hard, too long, and too often. I do not give myself a break and often miss much of the fun times of college (and general life) to read a book or turn some knobs. Tonight was liberating in a way. I almost forgot what actual people, besides studio geeks and my gf, were like. I forgot how it felt to be in a true social interaction, not just a passing by, polite greeting. SB09 here I come. Let me relax. Let me renew. And let me rethink my priorities.

2 comments:

Murr Nation said...

Maybe its selfish of me, but this post is refreshing for me to see coming from you...

hlpie said...

when's our next go at it!?!?!?